6.01.2007

good to be back...



Hello, and Greetings from Manhattan!

I arrived early this week, and it has been wonderful to settle back in to City living (if one ever really settles in).

Most of this week has been meeting the other staff and getting closer to the people I'll be living and working with. I'm in an apartment with two other student staff interns who were participants in last year's project. Our apartment has already become a place where people show up at night to unwind and hang out. It has been affectionately named "The Swank Tank."

In addition to catching up with friends and doing staff orientation, I've been able to do a bit of exploring. Wednesday, I had a tour of the graduate Illustration program at School of Visual Arts. It was an exciting experience, and has me thinking more about possibilities for the future.

More soon...

2 comments:

smeller said...

we saw an R2D2 mailbox in Charlotte too!
you never did tell me about the SVA visit.

Jared said...

awesome. glad to see you in (one of) your element(s). love the picture, too. i'm loving the mailbox.